Alan Stern is a partner of Winstar Properties, Inc., a management and development company. Previously, he was a partner of Speciality Commodities, Inc., an international commodities importing and trading company with offices throughout the United States. Some of Mr. Stern's communal activities include serving as immediate past chair of The Foundation’s Cutting Edge Grants Committee and as president of Congregation Etz Chaim. A fellow of the Wexner Heritage Program, Mr. Stern is a former board member of the Orthodox Union and the Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation. He is also a past treasurer and board member of the Jewish Journal. He studied at the Gateshead Talmudical College in the U.K., and received his bachelor's degree with honors in business administration from the City of London School of Business Studies (City University). A native of London, he currently resides in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles with his wife, Lisa, their three children, and grandchildren.
- Business Administration
Community Leadership Summary:
- Foundation trustee; Past chair, Cutting Edge Grants Committee
- Wexner Heritage Program fellow
- Past president, Congregation Etz Chaim
- Past trustee Orthodox Union and the Jewish Community Relations Council of the Jewish Federation
- Past treasurer and trustee, The Jewish Journal