Marcia Weiner Mankoff is a clinical social worker who works with prospective foster and adoptive parents through Children’s Bureau of Southern California. She is a Vice Chair of the Sylvia Weisz Women’s Campaign of the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles. Marcia also served as the Los Angeles Federation’s first Young Endowment Chair, encouraging young women to endow their Lion of Judah gifts. She is a past participant in the Wexner Heritage Program and National Young Leadership Cabinet of Jewish Federations of North America, and a former board member of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles and the national board of the Foundation for Jewish Camp. Marcia currently serves as a mentor for young leaders through the Los Angeles Federation’s Community Leadership Institute (CLI) and sits on the board of directors of deToledo High School.
Marcia earned a B.A. degree in psychology with a minor in Jewish studies from American University, and her Masters of Science in social work from the University of Texas at Arlington. Marcia and her husband Doug have three children.
- Social Work
- Lay Leadership
- Young Leadership
Community Leadership Summary:
- Education Chair, Sylvia Weisz Women's Campaign of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angele
- Past/Founding Young Endowment Chair, Sylvia Weisz Women's Campaign of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Member, Elementary School Committee and WASC Leadership Team, Brawerman Elementary School of Wilshire Boulevard Temple
- Member, Board of Directors of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles
- Member, National Board of Directors of the Foundation for Jewish Camp
- Past participant, Wexner Heritage Foundation Program and UJC's National Young Leadership Cabinet